Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A December without Hot Chocolate

I'm giving myself a challenge.

My goal is to make it through December and avoid the mad sugar rush of the most sweets-infused month of the year. The challenge will be particularly difficult because I'll be doing Christmas baking for a bake sale and other people. Today I'm making one of my favorite treats in the world, homemade oatmeal cookies. And I'm going to resist it.

Posting here is gonna help me stay on track because I'm gonna tell the truth about my progress and who wants to fail in front of the world. =)

I'm already on a success streak and feeling great, but I'm just about to start baking and this is gonna help me get through smells as delicious as the ones I'm about to create without cracking.

Thanks for helping me, anonymous stranger!

Banned for the rest of 2019:

All dessert foods such as chocolate, cookies, cake, hot chocolate, muffins, waffles, etc.

This is not my first personal month challenge, but it is my first December one. Hardest month of the year for azucar.

Bake sale oatmeal cookies. Made it through. And oatmeal cookies are one of my favorites! Their amazing smell is still floating through my kitchen. The sugar cookies that will get baked next will be easier cuz I don't really care for them.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_04122019_162041_X600_x_600_pixelX.jpg

Sugar cookies. The W2 cookie is bleeding.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_04122019_180139_X600_x_600_pixelX.jpg

I gave myself Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off from this. But besides those, I got it this month so far. I think I'll give myself a new, different challenge for January.

The more you do it, the easier it gets. Last night at a restaurant, the chocolate cake others were having looked amazing. I skipped it. Let's see if I skip the sickness this year, though.

Everyone else is now starting to get sick today. All the people that did the usual December sugar dose.

I'll make it through the rest of December dessert-free, though, even tomorrow night's party, which will be the last test!