Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Corrie ten Boom

Corrie ten Boom was a Christian who lived during the time of the Nazi oppression.

She wrote a book called The Hiding Place that tells the story of how they hid Jews and others whose lives were in danger in a secret place in her home.

She and her family "stole" 100 babies from an orphanage because they were slated to be killed.

She was eventually arrested, along with many members of her family, and sent to a concentration camp with her sister where life was terrible, and they were subject to starvation and abuse and labor. Her sister Bestie died there. Corrie shared her faith with many other prisoners, some of whom became saved. Bibles and prayer were not allowed in the camp, but Corrie comforted the other prisoners with the Bible and prayers.

She survived and went on to promote forgiveness of enemies, and forgave the Nazis who separated her family, tormented her, and were responsible for her sister's death.

Listen to her talk:

I just finished reading The Hiding Place a few days ago.

It was a powerful read. It's a difficult journey to go on mentally and emotionally, and to ponder what others lived through puts my struggles in perspective.

I highly recommend this book,