Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Denmark New Anti-Divorce Law

Parents in Denmark who want to get divorced are now required by law to take a course to consider the impact of how divorce will affect their children and learn solutions for managing conflict in the hopes of keeping more families together and protecting more kids from the trauma of divorce.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/denmark-moves-toward-sanity-makes-it-slightly-harder-for-couples-with-kids-to-get-divorced?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com&utm_campaign=08ddcb8fc3-Canadian_7_16_2019&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12387f0e3e-08ddcb8fc3-401544561

This is both surprising and interesting. I hope it does help keep families together.

Most people I've ever talked to have felt like they wanted to divorce their partner at some point or other, and I'm talking about people who were married for a loooooong time and overall had successful happy marriages and loving families.

People are human and all of us suck in some way or another. Even if you replace the person who's annoying you or not meeting your needs in some way or not as attractive as you'd like, the replacement will have their own issues, possibly much worse, and they will surely get old and wrinkly eventually anyway. Love is supposed to look past the external and shallow and love the imperfect person you committed to through everything life throws your way.

Of course it's hard sometimes. But a lot of things in life worth having are worth working for.

We as humans tend to think of what we can get rather than what we can give. "How can this person serve or please me?" rather than "How can I serve and please this other person?"