Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Frosty's WC2 Map Thread

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

If I reading this right you got atleast 4 new maps coming. Medusa, fireworks and the green and red serpents? Your map output rivals my own from a few months back. That is a great thing for the community!

Keep up with your creativity! You have a truly unique touch to your maps.

Quote from Moriouce on December 21, 2019, 9:46 am

If I reading this right you got atleast 4 new maps coming. Medusa, fireworks and the green and red serpents? Your map output rivals my own from a few months back. That is a great thing for the community!

Keep up with your creativity! You have a truly unique touch to your maps.

Thank you so much and...

Speaking of Medusa...

It's finally done, here's my first 8-player map here in War2USA. I decided to combine Garden of War, Plots and a Jellyfish to form Medusa. Chose a winter climate to reference the really huge jellyfishes seen in arctic waters.

Uploaded files:

@frostyinsanity

YOUR MAPS ARE WORKS OF ART!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still just sad Poinsettia is 7 players only. :(((

Sadly that means we often can't play it since we usually have 8 people. My heart hurts for not being able to Poinsettia more. 🙁

Quote from BabyShark on December 21, 2019, 2:23 pm

@frostyinsanity

YOUR MAPS ARE WORKS OF ART!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still just sad Poinsettia is 7 players only. :(((

Sadly that means we often can't play it since we usually have 8 people. My heart hurts for not being able to Poinsettia more. ?

When I get to work on Poinsettia (Version Plus), I'll be applying the feedback from the stream and the modification to allow it be an 8-player map.

wow man! those are  artwork to hang on the wall!

medusa looks like already a very good Plains of Snow alternative!

wats wrong with yall 3 getting together..mourice is really good also..nedro is like the best for the way the gold mines are set and gameplay arrangements

@FrostyInsanity beautifully detailed and framed works! you mentioned your influences for anima. i wish less artists were afraid to draw from influences. you and @Moriouce are good at this.

Quote from easycompany on December 23, 2019, 5:08 pm

wow man! those are  artwork to hang on the wall!

medusa looks like already a very good Plains of Snow alternative!

wats wrong with yall 3 getting together..mourice is really good also..nedro is like the best for the way the gold mines are set and gameplay arrangements

Thank you! I seem to notice Medusa is well-loved here.

Quote from Nedro on December 23, 2019, 6:46 pm

@FrostyInsanity beautifully detailed and framed works! you mentioned your influences for anima. i wish less artists were afraid to draw from influences. you and @Moriouce are good at this.

Thanks!

Anyways, I have a new map right here. First map of the new year!

Gronnserpent is the second of the "Serpentrinity" maps. If Blarserpent is a snake within a sealed forest, this one serves as its opposite where the serpent on the map isn't closed off.

The map is based on a not yet fully-grown Diamondback rattlesnake. Anyways, I gave the map a decent but not too much amount of gold (70k for mains, 45k for first expansion, 65k for the mines on the middle left and right and 80k for the center mines).

Enjoy!

EDIT: Minor edit applied to Player #4's position.

Uploaded files:

I like how you have holes in the trees of the serpent's back pattern. Also the straight lines in the dark grass and trees are nice to break up all the curves. Nice edit too!

There aren't a lot of 70k starter mines. It's an amount that is still very practical. I am a fan of anything distinct.

Do you have more on the horizon or are you enjoying the fruits while resting? Have you tried Pud Critter? It's a different way to work.

Quote from Nedro on January 11, 2020, 5:00 am

I like how you have holes in the trees of the serpent's back pattern. Also the straight lines in the dark grass and trees are nice to break up all the curves. Nice edit too!

There aren't a lot of 70k starter mines. It's an amount that is still very practical. I am a fan of anything distinct.

Do you have more on the horizon or are you enjoying the fruits while resting? Have you tried Pud Critter? It's a different way to work.

Haven't tried Pud Critter yet, hit me up the details via Discord.

I'm just getting back on my feet. The next one is the trend-breaker among the serpent maps. I'll see if I can make Rauðrserpent become the 8-player map among the snake maps.

Here comes a new map which will complete the Serpentrinity set, Rauðrserpent!

But Frosty, it's not red... but WarCraft lore-wise; it makes sense as the swamp tileset does take place in Draenor, the Red world!

I can't provide a full-view of the map due to PUDPic's limitations but anyways... Rauðrserpent takes visual cues from the two previous snake maps but what sets it apart is that instead of being a 4-player map; Rauðrserpent is the 8-player map of the set. The snake that is used as inspiration for this map is the Australian Death Adder.

Details regarding the gold mines, all mains have 70k gold, 50k gold for the first likely expansion the players will use. The two center mines have 80k gold.

With this snake map done, I shall move onto the next 8-player map which is Fireworks. After that will be the refactored Poinsettias before moving onto the "Medusozoa" set which will be jellyfish-themed.

Uploaded files:
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next