Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Gog version on War2USA Reg file.

Hello. seems like Warcraft_II_USA.Reg file dosent add the server to GOG versions server list.
Any other way to add the server or is the problem in reg file?

If you want to add it manually.

Open REGEDIT.exe

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Battle.net\W2\Configuration

I changed the Battle.net gateways to:

WAR2USA

Once you connect to USA the server will most likely rewrite the gateways. I will update the gateway list on the server sometime soon maybe? GOG causes itself an issue by using a different ID in the gateway. So all pvpgn servers want to re-write them if they are not the default 1000. Doing this or using the Russian version will cause issues for your other server if you played diablo, war3, etc and those servers will be modified as well.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks! Tupac Administrator
Quote from TuPaC on December 28, 2020, 4:57 pm

If you want to add it manually.

Open REGEDIT.exe

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Battle.net\W2\Configuration

I changed the Battle.net gateways to:

WAR2USA

Once you connect to USA the server will most likely rewrite the gateways. I will update the gateway list on the server sometime soon maybe? GOG causes itself an issue by using a different ID in the gateway. So all pvpgn servers want to re-write them if they are not the default 1000. Doing this or using the Russian version will cause issues for your other server if you played diablo, war3, etc and those servers will be modified as well.

Let me know if you need more help.

Manually editing the gateway reg file works fine.
You are right that it rewrites the gateways. It made them to orginal battlenet gateway adresses lol.

uswest.battle.net
U.S. West
useast.battle.net
U.S. East
asia.battle.net
Asia
europe.battle.net
Europe*

But yeah it works . You just need to re configure your gateway reg everytime you shut down the game.

Uploaded files:
  • classicservers.jpg

The pvpgn server triggered the gateway rewrite. We can move to another ID 2000 to prevent the gateways from being over-written.. doing that will cause all other servers to be removed if they do not use the default gateway ID. I have a tool I am developing and embedding into the war2usa loader. This will allow the gateway to be dropped in warcraft 2 memory and never worry about your gateway again. My plan is to release that sometime soon.

Thanks!

Thanks! Tupac Administrator