Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I'm Not Ashamed

I watched this movie for the first time.

It was better than I expected. I suddenly realized I need to go to bed so I'll write later hah. This way I won't forget.

I'll start with the basic question I ask about how a movie was.

Would you watch it again?

Yes, I would watch this again. In fact, I almost want to watch it again tonight, even though I cried at the ending.

It was meaningful and inspiring, and portrayed Rachel as a human. She is a Christian, but goes through struggles and pain like every other human. There are issues with drinking, smoking, sneaking out at night, non-parentally approved friends, betrayal, rejection, suicide. She's not perfect. I appreciate a Christian being portrayed as a flawed, sinful human, since that's what we all are.

I honestly felt that the portrayal of Rachel far exceeded my expectations, since I was expecting a constantly smiling image of perfection who never does anything bad, since we already know from the news and the history of Columbine that she gets shot in the end. It can be very tempting to portray someone dead as being less human and flawed than they actually were, because we want to remember the best of people after they're gone.

Like Rachel, I'm not ashamed to talk about the name of Jesus, even in a world where hatred and ridicule are typical responses.

I would wish to have a courage like Rachel's.

I'm also not ashamed to like this movie, nor to have cried at its ending.

I will recommend this one.