Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Knives Out (in theatre)

This was not my pick, but it was one of the times I was very pleased with someone else's movie choice.

This Agatha Christie type whodunnit murder mystery movie had many of the elements that make a movie enjoyable to me. Someone is found dead after a birthday party at an old Clue-style big house, and the suspects are the house's occupants of that evening. Someone, a mysterious someone, has hired a private investigator to look into what has been officially rules a suicide.

I cared about and liked at least one character. I was engrossed in the story. It was suspenseful and kept me guessing. The character stories were interesting and real. There was enough adventure and movement.

I even loved the opening shot with the German Shepherds running.

This movie was the kind of smart movie that rarely gets made anymore. This is the kind of movie I go to the theatres hoping to find, a fun ride, a great time, at least one likeable character, mystery, suspense, adventure, beautiful camera work, costuming, locations, all wrapped up in a captivating story that makes you both feel and think.

I was going to give this movie a 9.5 out of 10, but since I can't figure out what the missing 0.5 is, I might as well not pretend like something is. Not being a huge fan of the James Bond actor guy isn't a worthy deduction. I give this one 10 out of 10.

Great movie.

how does this have 3888 views?

this movie at least was desent. baby must not have picked it since she watch just trash