Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maps by Moriouce

Page 1 of 11Next

Hello all!

In this thread I’ll post my maps I want to share with you. There are quite many maps I’ve done over the years but I will only post those that I think stands out in potential.  I have never played them against other players other than computers but I have human players in mind as I design my maps.

Hope you like what I do and C&C is always welcome!

Here are my first map I'll submit to this thread. Frozen Shores, Sea of Rye and Mimers Eye are maps where I have changed the stats of units and upgrades.

And what are these changes? They are the same on all three maps. First of all HP has been greatly reduced on all living units. Grunts have 12 and footmen have 10 etc. Humans also got more percing damage to start with.

One big differens between equal units are Knight and Ogres where Knights have 25HP and and retain all other stats. The Ogre instead has 40HP, 0 armour and almost no peircing damage, which make them a quite easy match for Knights before bloodlust. But then the Grunt has a higher damage that footmen to balance this. Grunts can find their place even in late game to fend of Knights. You will find that the Ogres change quite substasialy as they are turned into ogre-mages.

Ballistas do less damage than catapults but got a longer range but Orc Towers are less sturdy and with a slight decrease in cost and buildtime.

Dragons and Gryphons are two Winners with these Changes since they have not been given that big reduction in HP and a small increase in damage and therefor are more powerful than ever and hopefully can see more use on these maps.

All these Changes makes macig even more powerfull and because of this magic upgrades are now more expensive. To research Blizzard/death and decay you must pay 7500gold! But still, Fireball and Death Coil can level quite large armies on their own as it is. Just Think of Death Coil split and drain the Life from 9 footmen in one go! Ouch! Then Mages and Death Knights are more expensive know and takes longer time to train.

On water Sea of Rye and Mimers Eye got some changes aswell. First of all Orc warships, in general, are more powerfull. But cost more and takes longer time to build. The big overall change is that battleships and juggs do less damage. So no longer any two shots to sink. Well, with luck juggs can still sink a battleship with 2 shots but on the other hand Battleship may sink a jugg with 3 shots as best. These changes will also slightly increase the efficency of Towers for cost defense.  Subs/Turtles are very much the same with all percing damage which makes them lethal against other ships but still are weak if attacked.

Hope you enjoy  and please tell we if it keeps the overall balance of the game or not.

Uploaded files:

I wanna try some of these soon

Quote from BabyShark on July 30, 2019, 3:35 pm

I wanna try some of these soon

Love to see you do a "Maps by Moriouce Games Night"   😉

I'll Think I might have thumbnails up by tomorrow eve for all maps. And some new.
I've been working on Three; Mystic Clover 2-8, El Dorado 2-6 and Valley 2-7.

An additional collection of maps by me.

The lost city of El Dorado contains both treasures and dangers. This is also a test to see how rescuble buildings work in multiplayer. Can any player take control of them?

Note that on Mystic Clover it is possible to sail ships all way along the edges.

Hope you like these!  C&C welcome!

Uploaded files:

These two water maps are both resent creations.

Uploaded files:

This is a Arena-style map.   All players start with 6 Farms, 2 Barracks, 1 Mage Tower, Lumber mill, Blacksmith, Stables and Church. 30 000 gold and 5 000 lumber. To this you also have 3 transport to ferry your troops to the arena. Last man standing in the Circle of Power in the middle of the Arena is the winner. All upgrades and training time has been greatly reduced.

Uploaded files:

Ohhh, nice you put pictures up! Exciting!
Gotta try some of these soon!

Hey, I have a request. Could you please rename "Arena.pud" because there's already a built-in map called Arena.pud and if people download it in game they will overwrite the existing map file.

For instance, you could name it some adjective Arena...like...Super Fun Arena or like Medallion Arena or whatever lol.

Quote from BabyShark on August 1, 2019, 1:47 am

Ohhh, nice you put pictures up! Exciting!
Gotta try some of these soon!

Hey, I have a request. Could you please rename "Arena.pud" because there's already a built-in map called Arena.pud and if people download it in game they will overwrite the existing map file.

For instance, you could name it some adjective Arena...like...Super Fun Arena or like Medallion Arena or whatever lol.

Done!

Thanks for the exciting new maps @moriouce!

I've created a Moriouce Collection webpage here: http://war2usa.com/index.php/moriouce-collection/

And I've updated your Map Contest entries here: http://war2usa.com/index.php/summer-2019-map-contest/

Please let me know if any changes are needed. 🙂

Page 1 of 11Next