Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maps by Moriouce

PreviousPage 5 of 11Next

OMG! Thanks for this extensive review! I bow in humble awe for the time you have given each map. @nedro

Nedro has reacted to this post.
Nedro

Pixel  Two players battle away across this Pixel Art.

Thandol Valley Inspired by the in-lore location, the three landbridges across Thandol Valley. Play fixed order for teamemates to end up together on each side.

Where to Cross A two player map with lots of option how to expand and reach the enemy. Will you hop, chop or sapp?

Uploaded files:

How are you able to come up with so many new and unique designs at this pace?

I was already amazed...now you're just showing off lol. 😉

Can't wait to see more of your new stuff! I absolutely LOVE that there are so many new maps to choose from. It makes W2 even more exciting!!

I have had less time these few weeks but I’m slowly working on a few maps. I’ll hope to finish them this weekend.

After som technical difficulties this morning I can now present two Warcraft 1 inspired maps.

Swamps is an open map which will invite to intese rushes. Updated 191119.

The Ring Fight around a circular loch. Updated 191128

Uploaded files:

Total Wave War is inspired by the water composite map by Nedro. What I have done is that I inverted the land/water on the composite and let that be my inspiration. Making this map rooted in what we usualy play but still very different.

Ocean of War is an asymetrical water map with lots of personality.  Each starting spot it totaly unique. Make sure you remember where the few Oil Patches are or you might end up far away from one or without oil all together.

Uploaded files:

After some talks with Nedro I have left a Water Zones to be developed by Nedro who's map it truly is. Instead I made this.

Isles of Squares is my own map Nine of Squares made into a water map.

Uploaded files:

These are really gorgeous! Your hard work and attention to detail is obvious. Congratulations.

I did not realize Total Wave War came from the water composite.  I am glad we got some observation and productivity out of those images. Isle of Squares will make a great sister map with Zones. I like your decision to go with 2 to 3-width trees to get out. The oil patch placement breaks up the grid some. The placement of filler tiles and critters are a nice touch.

I know you stated you prefer Swamps 1 vs 1 over 2 vs 2 which I agreed. Do you feel the same about The Ring?

I get a lot of ideas from your maps, especially lately. Not that I plan to make many more maps myself. For instance in Swamps, your use a negative space mainly in the lakes and how they have a slight distorted fish eye lens quality to them. In The Ring and other maps it can appear as though your trees are blowing a certain direction, sometimes circular. I know it probably sounds silly to some. A lot of your maps have motion to them in some form. Total Wave War feels hand-painted and bubbly because your straight lines are very imperfect plus the gaps in the trees. This map has a tribal look as well.

I look forward to playing these and even trying them on various tilesets. I think @Babyshark will like these too.

Quote from Nedro on November 3, 2019, 10:45 am

These are really gorgeous! Your hard work and attention to detail is obvious. Congratulations.

I did not realize Total Wave War came from the water composite.  I am glad we got some observation and productivity out of those images. Isle of Squares will make a great sister map with Zones. I like your decision to go with 2 to 3-width trees to get out. The oil patch placement breaks up the grid some. The placement of filler tiles and critters are a nice touch.

I know you stated you prefer Swamps 1 vs 1 over 2 vs 2 which I agreed. Do you feel the same about The Ring?

I get a lot of ideas from your maps, especially lately. Not that I plan to make many more maps myself. For instance in Swamps, your use a negative space mainly in the lakes and how they have a slight distorted fish eye lens quality to them. In The Ring and other maps it can appear as though your trees are blowing a certain direction, sometimes circular. I know it probably sounds silly to some. A lot of your maps have motion to them in some form. Total Wave War feels hand-painted and bubbly because your straight lines are very imperfect plus the gaps in the trees. This map has a tribal look as well.

I look forward to playing these and even trying them on various tilesets. I think @Babyshark will like these too.

I never think of it as motion. I do however think natural. When I design the water I like to think of it like from where does it flow. Where is the high ground. Where would forest grow. I can even think in ways of tectonics. Like having areas split by rifts. Seen only on the impact of the surrounding. With all this comes wind aswell.

Or as with Total Wave War. Move the island outwards towards the corners and the rocks on them would fit into the other rockformations to complete a tilted square across the whole map.

So I guess you can say that motion atleast shows its impact on the landscape.

PreviousPage 5 of 11Next