Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maps by Moriouce

PreviousPage 6 of 11Next

Yea maybe motion is how I see some maps in general especially when done well, more than others. Those are good topographic thoughts you mentioned. I definitely think about what the water depth should be etc. Other times I'll think more two-dimensionally allowing visual balance to govern. My biggest terrain motivator remains each square's strategic implications.

Looking at Swamps. What do you think your most visually appealing maps are to date? I believe you will say Time For Strife. Others?

What kind of tools come to mind first that you wish you had access to in Map Editor? Or tools you wish were more in-depth, ie : extra filler tile options.

Quote from Nedro on November 4, 2019, 7:51 am

Yea maybe motion is how I see some maps in general especially when done well, more than others. Those are good topographic thoughts you mentioned. I definitely think about what the water depth should be etc. Other times I'll think more two-dimensionally allowing visual balance to govern. My biggest terrain motivator remains each square's strategic implications.

Looking at Swamps. What do you think your most visually appealing maps are to date? I believe you will say Time For Strife. Others?

What kind of tools come to mind first that you wish you had access to in Map Editor? Or tools you wish were more in-depth, ie : extra filler tile options.

I would go with any map with a natural look to it. Over the Hills and far away, River Crossings, Regions or Time for Strife.

I think my most visual maps realy comes down to my Single-player maps I’ve created. I’m planing on writing a briefing to each and post them here aswell but in their own thread.

Talking tools I would love to work on larger maps. 192x192 or all the way to 256 would be great. Also I would like to have more filler. Anyone that has played War1 is familiar with that filler comes in both darker and lighter shades. Also smaller brushes. Smallest brush as it is still puts down an area of 3x3 Squares. I would like to have that 1x1 brush. Also miss the paths and real bridges from War1. They looked so much better than the landbridges we are stuck with in war2. In some cases I would like the possibility to have Woods grow right Next to rock or water.

I'd have to look through all your maps again to make my own list, Twin Peninsula would be way up there.

I thought about smaller brushes for one second too then figured you might mention it for the two of us. That's such a good one.

Can't agree more about map size. It would be near the top of my own Map Editor improvements list. Even a 160x160 would be useful.

I agree with the rest as well. Think it was @easycompany that created a mod that allowed buildings to be placed on trails/dirt a few years ago. This obviously changes shores a lot.

Quote from Nedro on November 4, 2019, 11:31 am

I'd have to look through all your maps again to make my own list, Twin Peninsula would be way up there.

I thought about smaller brushes for one second too then figured you might mention it for the two of us. That's such a good one.

Can't agree more about map size. It would be near the top of my own Map Editor improvements list. Even a 160x160 would be useful.

I agree with the rest as well. Think it was @easycompany that created a mod that allowed buildings to be placed on trails/dirt a few years ago. This obviously changes shores a lot.

One change that could save some time in some cases would be that when you create a new map you could choose if it where to be filled all water, all dirt, all forest instead of just all ground which is now the case.

my card experience: optimal map 96 * 96

128 * 128 = 16384
96 * 96 = 9216

9216 / 16384 = 0,5625
16384 / 9216 = 1,7778

in 96 * 96 maps you yourself will play more often

Russia looks world from future. big data is peace data

@Moriouce I used to have various terrain blanks I made when I was a kid. They are nice.

An Undo feature would be useful. Can you believe there isn't one?

This is an older map I made  years ago.

Square Dance Fight in a small, chilly maze.

Uploaded files:

why we need new maps we already have gow

chilly maze 🙂 nice concept

@moriouce

There's a familiarity to it. 🙂

PreviousPage 6 of 11Next