Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maps by Moriouce

PreviousPage 9 of 11Next

Garden of War Moriouce Edition is here. Hope you like it and lets see if it can take it's place as War2USA's official version of this classic!

Uploaded files:

GOW will be the trickiest because people are so used to the classic pud in spite of its obvious flaws.

Even myself, a part of me admittedly resists a move from the familiar!

But I'll definitely give a new GOW revision a chance.

I also plan to play Broken Woods some more. It looks interesting. I tried it and I think died super fast with Ragner and Nedro and Varas...it was super late at night so I'm a little fuzzy on how that went down.

Quote from BabyShark on January 5, 2020, 11:57 am

GOW will be the trickiest because people are so used to the classic pud in spite of its obvious flaws.

Even myself, a part of me admittedly resists a move from the familiar!

But I'll definitely give a new GOW revision a chance.

I also plan to play Broken Woods some more. It looks interesting. I tried it and I think died super fast with Ragner and Nedro and Varas...it was super late at night so I'm a little fuzzy on how that went down.

Yeah, GOW will always be a Holy Grail. Hehe..!

Broken Woods I think is quite tricky since you can Wall and choke on so many points and it matters much Where you wall or you can easily be pinned by cats or OTs.

Here I show some places to wall or choke to controll space, enemies or gold. The two white circles are natural chokes that is important to control. Smaller coloured circles are Where you could expo Within wallins.

This map should also be Good for humans.

Uploaded files:
  • F3A3DB47-84B0-49C4-92D0-15D42BC62121.jpeg

We tried both GOW Moriouce USA edition and Broken Woods.

Broken Woods seems very interesting. Definitely need more practice on there to help it come together in my head for how to play it effectively.

The spot behind GOW 6 has been partially shut off! I fear such a drastic change may horrify some users lol. I'm curious why you blocked that off?

I know it wasn't done flippantly.

I am a Broken Woods fan! Much like Forest Trail we must expand in advance. The first few mines go faster than you'd think.

On GOW M.Ed he probably altered the back of 6 because he felt like it was too overpowered. Mr. Moe is this true? Now there is a hop to continue an OT job.

I enjoyed your version. The new small 5 mine is fun as are other things.

This ad supports Moe Olsson for 2020 president.pud.

Quote from BabyShark on January 6, 2020, 3:05 am

We tried both GOW Moriouce USA edition and Broken Woods.

Broken Woods seems very interesting. Definitely need more practice on there to help it come together in my head for how to play it effectively.

The spot behind GOW 6 has been partially shut off! I fear such a drastic change may horrify some users lol. I'm curious why you blocked that off?

I know it wasn't done flippantly.

I thought about this spot much, watched replays of the Classic and red tacticas on GOW. In the Classic you can OT almost all the way around 6’s mine. I thought myself this was a but to much. As @Nedro Said.

In the replays I watched I saw no one Tower in the lower portion of the opening and therefor I decided to shit it. It was also a way to expand 6’s starting lumber as was stated as a weakness in a few tactica I red.

I might change it back if the general opinion is that it breaks the map.

Thanks alot for the feedback!

Broken Woods I believe will be hard to master. There are no easy ways to feel safe anywhere. Narrow Woods and close neighbours makes for some intresting games. Hope to game with you soon!

As the time flies by I have not been sitting totaly idle. I've been involved in @incos Project of a League and have been making maps for it.

I do have some sketches though that I will be putting out coming weeks I hope. New maps from Moriouce will include

Einvigi.pud (islandic for duel) 1s map.
Elivagar.pud (a river in Norse mythology) 8 player water map along a great river.
Archipelago.pud 8 player hybrid map with 25 islands connected with bridges.

Looking forward to more new maps! I should come up with some kind of "playlist" so more new maps come into regular play.

Like when it's time to host, instead of resorting to Clash, Zones, and other familiar favorites just to get another game going, if we had a list of maps to host when no one can come up with something, we wouldn't neglect all the fantastic maps waiting for their turn to shine.

People should browse maps ahead of time so they have a maps-to-play wishlist for when it's time to host.

So everyone, go for it! Browse the maps and write down some that look exciting so we get more maps into rotation!

These are two maps from the League.  My only two that I'll post here since they are the only one not for Fixed Order.

Both are 128x and 6 players.

Dun Algaz is realy a larger version of my Swamps.

Grim Batol is a hybrid where you can walk all around the large bay or take to the waves. All starter mines can be jugged.

Uploaded files:
PreviousPage 9 of 11Next