Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mirage

Mirage is a Spanish subtitled film that is one of the best time-travel movies I've ever seen. (Back to the Future is another, but Mirage is completely different in look and feel).

I managed to pick up two Spanish words together in the movie, "muy importante", which is two more than zero, so yay for learning Spanish by watching movies.

Mirage is part thriller, part mystery, part Sci-Fi, rolled up with believable, honestly acted characters. There are times when you don't know which version of reality is real, and you question whether what you believe is the true reality in the story is actually real or whether the main character is insane. The movie was very engaging from start to finish, had some scary and disturbing scenes, but without being super gory or gratuitously violent.

A boy witnesses something awful, then gets killed. The main character is able to save him, but with some very unexpected consequences with a new, distorted version of reality.

Some of the things that make a good movie, to me, are that the movie makes you think, the characters are believable, at least one character is likeable or at least enjoyable to watch even if they are a caricature of human flaws, you feel what someone in the story is feeling, you go on an adventure, often some degree of mystery or suspense in some shape or form, and that you see something that you've not seen before.

I enjoyed this one.