Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multiple games on same IP

Blizzard Entertainment (R) 1999
http://www.blizzard.com

These directions are for your Client machines. After you have followed the directions,
you should be able to log on Battle.net using multiple machines from one Ip address
through a MsProxy server.

Please do not attempt this unless:

1. You have followed our Msproxy FAQ: http://www.battle.net/support/proxy/msproxy/
2. You are able to log on Battle.net from the server using SC/BW and play a game etc...
3. You are able to log on Battle.net from a client machine going through your MsProxy
server using SC/BW and play a game etc...

This was tested on computers running Windows 95/98/NT

<----------Manual Directions---------->
Follow these directions if you want to do this manually.

After you have followed our MsProxy Faq and you can get a client machine logged on
our Battle.net server...

On each of your client machines:

Add the following "decimal" DWORD value key to your registry at the
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Battle.net\Configuration] address:

"Game Data Port"=xxxx (x = port number)

You will have to manually set each machine to a different port in order to get
them on to battle.net and into the game at the same time.

Example:
-Click on "Start" then on "Run" from your task bar.
-Type in "regedit" and press "ok".
-Double click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".
-Double click on "Software".
-Double click on "Battle.net".
-Double click on "Configuration".
-Click on "Edit" and select "New" then select and click on "DWORD value".
-Name the new value "Game Data Port" and press enter.
-Double click on the newly created "Game Data Port" value.
-Select "Decimal" as your "Base".
-Type in the port number you want to use in the "Value data" text box.
-Press the "OK" button and reboot your computer.

<----------Auto Directions---------->
Follow these directions if you want to use a file that does the same thing as stated
above...

We have included five ".reg" files. All you have to do is place one of these
".reg" files on each of your client machine(s) and then double click on it (run it).
After this, reboot your computer and then log on Battle.net. You should now
be able to join a game that your server created or vice-versa. If you have more
client machines and want them to join the same game, just add the next unused
".reg" file to that machine.

Example: Assuming that I followed the directions that Blizzard has posted on their
Proxy page: http://www.battle.net/support/proxy/msproxy/ and everything works.
I place the "6113.reg" file on one of my client machines and run it. I then place
the "6114.reg" file on my other client machine. I double click on both files and
click on "yes" when when it asks me if I want it installed or not. I then reboot both
computers and then log on the Battle.net server. I create a game with one of the client
machines and then have my other client or even server machine join the game.

Uploaded files:
Thanks! Tupac Administrator

Hey! We wanted to say hello 🙂 this is our first post. Best regards from Poland!

We've been playing War2 at home (via Direct Connection) for a while now and decided to start looking for people. We were happy to come across your community. After installing the game and setting up accounts, we are able to enter your server on battle.net, simultaneously with two different accounts - but neither of us can host the game so that the other can join (too high latency).

We thought it was the fault of one IP, we have such an option to log in through two different separate Internet sources, unfortunately the problem recurred.

We play many games without any problem. We tried your solution. We installed the 6113.reg files and a second one 6114.reg  on another computer unfortunately with the same result (too high latency to the game creator).

Can the solutions from this post actually solve the problem for us? Unfortunately the links to Blizzard are already out of date 🙁

We would very much like to join your community. We are from the center of Europe (maybe this is the problem - to connect to servers on another continent?).

Uploaded files:
  • 299323296_727537381679869_493114843007614479_n.jpg

@tupac Any ideas?

Hi Amarell,

I hope you're able to find a solution that works and if you do, please share since I don't think you're the first or last people to run into that.

Can you come talk to us? If you join the discord you can visit channel Tech Support. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Thanks! Tupac Administrator