Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

One of the best movies I've ever seen: Seventeen

I watched this partly because I'm learning Spanish and partly because I love dogs and partly because I like movies lol.

It turned out to have EVERYTHING that makes up a good movie.

The characters are real...and kind of defective, but you can't help but LOVE them.

It's about a guy who is under 18 but almost 18 who has taken to crime...but when you see why he's doing his crime, he edges into your sympathies quickly.

He ends up in some kind of juvenile jail where he is paired with a scraggly mutt dog as part of a rehabilitation program. When "his" dog is adopted out, he loses it, and climbs the fence and runs away to find the dog.

His furious older brother clashes with him throughout the story as he is determined to hunt down the people who adopted "his" dog and get his dog back.

This movie had me nearly crying and really laughing in the same scene! It's so well done...it's hard to even explain.

I'm surprised I've now seen a movie with two guys sitting outside burping together and didn't think the movie was dumb lol. I have brothers. That's the kind of thing they do in real life lol.

I cared about the characters, the "adventure" is so unexpected, the dialogue and interaction is compelling and believable. The movie made me feel, it made me think, it took me on a journey, and it left me thinking, "Wow, this is the best movie I've ever seen in my life."