Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book

I loved this movie as a kid, and having watched it recently with one of my kids, realize I still love this movie!

It has the elements I enjoy, adventure, romance, drama, humor, action, relatable characters, enjoyable human interaction, well-played bad guys, and bonus, lots of gorgeous real live animals.

The story of a young boy who gets lost in the jungle and is raised by wild animals is also fascinating and thought-provoking.

The characters are all well done and well-acted.

I really like the female character, Kitty. She is strong and has a sense of humor, but still also sweet and feminine, which is a pretty rare find in a modern movie. This one is from the 90's. She's engaged to a man her father approves of, Captain Boone, but when she is reunited after many years with her childhood friend, Mowgli, who runs around the jungle half-naked (and perfectly muscled and tanned, wow), they still have a special connection, even though he has forgotten how to speak.

The father-daughter relationship is endearing.

Also unlike most movies geared at kids nowadays, it's not just stupid and silly with idiot caricature characters, but is portrayed in an elegant way, and really sparkles as the story unfolds.

I love this one!