Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why I Left RU

Page 1 of 2Next

This is the most common question I get asked since the beginning of USA.

I'm going to make an answer here that I can refer people to when they ask me since I would rather not think about all the crap that went down with RU prior to and during my departure. I love the game of Warcraft 2 and I don't need to pretend otherwise. But RU stopped being fun for me. Why?

The short answer is that the admins actively allow, encourage, and endorse a viciously hateful environment where racism, sexism, and unprovoked vitriol is spewed everywhere, with death threats, crude and vulgar talk about family members intended to exacerbate other users, and long-term relentless, targeted harassment at other players is the norm and accepted by the admins (except against them or the people they feel like protecting).

On the flipside, nice people are muted and banned for nonsense reasons while the most obnoxious and vile users are protected. Bans and warnings are not carried out fairly or consistently, but at the whims of very prejudiced leaders who show blatant favoritism towards some, and allow others to be treated like trash.

Enough was enough.

I have no doubt War2USA will be the place for aspiring newbies to play Warcraft moving forward due to all the reasons mentioned in addition to having such caring and dedicated people adorning the new mantle. It's a shame when older communities falter due to a few bad eggs.

There is more than one Warcraft 2 server. We are not afraid of the truth. There is RU, Backup RU, Mousetopher, Backup Mousetopher, GOG, maybe some I don't even know about, and the best Warcraft II server in the world, our own War2USA.

When War2USA opened its doors on September 24, 2018, RU had a massive freakout. They said they wanted me dead. They wanted Tupac and me banned from RU. The toxin-fuming name-callers were in full force. DIE! BAN! ****ING *****!!!! They desperately tried to hide the existence of the new USA server, going as far as banning DeathKnight~ (really nice, fun person) without warning for telling others the option exists. They are very much afraid of the truth.

Why did War2USA seem like a threat to their nest of corruption? Now all the players who would get routinely banned from games and insulted and otherwise treated like trash have somewhere to play. That bothers them immensely.

The fact there's no logic there is not lost.

"GTFO ****ING PIECE OF **** NEWB, I WILL KILL YOU, **** YOUR MOTHER AND ****** ******* ***********"

When those people do leave, and want to play Warcraft 2 somewhere else, Tupac and I are accused of "stealing their people".

It seems they think (if you can call it that) none of the people who play on War2USA are adults who can make their own decisions about how they want to spend their time.

The anger level at RU continued to go through the ceiling. The people they chased away by their nonstop execrable vitriol were enjoying themselves elsewhere. Fury ensued.

Tupac and I were falsely accused of attacking their server with zero evidence, in fact before the attack actually happened, demonstrating interesting foreknowledge from a member of their inner circle. It was most likely an inside job to cast suspicion on the wonderful and friendly server we all enjoy.

As RU leaders see the success of War2USA, and the fact that many people just want to play Warcraft 2 in peace without being threatened or harassed or banned or insulted, they are trying to follow suit and implement some sort of poorly defined code of conduct without success.

The leaders are apparently quitting with some unquitting. Seems their leaders have also grown tired of the RU circus.

RU is collapsing under its own toxic fumes. The people who play at War2USA choose to play at War2USA on their own volition.

War2USA is growing.

Last night we had 3 new "pro" players play at War2USA. Lots of people watching the stream, lots of full games, lots of fun.

USA is a success. It's a great place to play, the best Warcraft 2 server on earth by far. It's not even a competition.

One of our players tried out RU recently, and got insulted and banned for not having every GOW nook and cranny and build memorized. I think all that one-pudding has caused such deep gouges in their brains that they can't get out to think new thoughts, like the fact there are hundreds of maps and not just one newb creation by someone whose hall placement would have gotten him banned from a game he joined. Nothing has changed.

RU is crumbling and dying, fighting viciously amongst themselves about ridiculous things like whether people should be allowed to use racist terms without consequence, not because they care about the people who would be hurt by being mistreated, but because they see the success of War2USA and want a piece of it.

Nowadays they want to ban people for challenging people to 1v1.

I was given a "warning" for "spamming" and accused of being "negative" after challenging some of their players to 1s and calling out some past 1s dodging.

2 years of targetted harassment by 2 particularly relentlessly obnoxious users, and I was told to suck it up and ignore it. Group bullying descended when I finally had enough of my screen being spammed while trying to play and complained on the forum.

A couple of forum posts poking at some of the people who helped make RU an un-fun place and the swarm of toxics is crying for ban. Talk about oversensitive hypocrites. Their advice to just ignore things they don't like doesn't apply to them.

Our first year at Warcraft 2 USA has been fabulous, fruitful, and full of fun.

I only wish we had done this a heck of a lot sooner. 😉

I just dont have much time to play war2 but ru is terrible

RU claims to be the land of "free speech" where people can say whatever they want.

Yet, admin Tora moves and deletes forum posts whenever he feels like it.

He just deleted a bunch of easycompany's posts last night in the "land of free speech" for no particular reason with no rule in place, nor was it identified what imagined rule he broke. Many others have been allowed to say vulgar, sexist, racist, and inappropriate things including calling for my death, yet easycompany's posts are targeted in a place where supposedly no rules for speech exist. Easycompany was further threatened with being banned from the RU forum for no particular reason. The next post after easycompany's deleted posts was "My **** is big" from Thumbs, which was a continuation of his spammy nonsense posts, which inexplicably was left untouched and Thumbs unthreatened with ban.

Tora also banned DK in 2017 on hacking charges when he knew DK wasn't a hacker. DK was also unjustly banned a SECOND time from RU server in 2018, secretly and with no warning just for saying something (that apparently a RU admin didn't like) that broke no rule. That is the definition of tyranny and injustice.

People like van can send rude, nasty, vulgar PMs for years to harass people and use objectionable terms calling for all black people to be hanged, send threats of physical assault and death, all public knowledge, and he faced no penalty for these things, yet some posts and some people are targetted for removal (like easycompany's tonight) and I was targetted for "warning for spam" for inviting tk to 1s me lol.

Tora was also moving and hiding my posts, blatantly persecuting and discriminating against me and tried to cover up the embarrassing fact that he dodged me after challenging me to 1v1 on a $250 bet which I accepted.

Others can post all the vulgar sexist attacks, death wishes, and lies they want, but innocuous posts by certain members are targetted by the hateful, bigoted RU admins.

Land of free speech indeed.

RU is a joke, and the more time that goes by, the more obvious it will become when another, far superior option for playing Warcraft 2 is available.

I left RU too since they never let me play since I had lack of points

The bully Shotgun is RU's New Anti-Racism Advocate!

This unexpected news comes on the wake of further continued troubles associated with Warbux and van (both banned from USA community for code violations here).

In 2018, Shotgun and Warbux called for me to be killed...partly because I advocated for victims of harassment, persecution, and injustice including myself, (and part of that was fighting against rampant racism appoved by admins at RU), and partly because both of these individuals need someone else to tell them how to think and act. In this case, it was Swift who told them I am to be hated and bullied. And he decided that partly because I disobeyed him and couldn't be controlled by him, and partly because I am a Christian. Swift told me he hated me and did all he did against me, including the server-wide anti-BabyShark campaign, because I was a Christian. And all the admins including Tora, mouse, woofy, blid, joined in the insulting, bullying, threatening, calling for ban for breaking no rule, also moving and hiding my posts and changing my RU forum username to things that would be offensive to me based on my religious beliefs, something like "ThePowerofCrepesCompelsYou" and "Whatwouldjessudo". I don't know of any other user past or present who had their username changed by admins as part of persecution campaign.

If anyone knows what it's like to be part of a hated and bullied minority at RU, it's me, whom Shotgun joined in attacking and bullying for no reason, to the point of calling for my death.

Is Shotgun suddenly a caring person? Concerned in his heart for TWN-Cancel and others who've been bullied and insulted for being a different race? Has Shotgun gone soft?

Or is Shotgun just pretending to care about this because he has a grievance against the illiterate and unscrupulous Warbux who bans people from RU server for building in game as watcher?

Admin Tora meanwhile condones and defends van's and Warbux racist verbal attacks...because people aren't responsible for their behavior if they lose a video game...or are drunk or high, etc.

Welcome to the RU circus, "land of freedom".

dont you have better things to do at your life than obsession with ru

just forget that and focus your own

I will advance to your level one day, perhaps, when I will be obsessed with people who are obsessed with other people so I can tell them to obsess less. 🙂

Endless Problems at RU

Tora, who adamantly insisted that people should ignore things they don't like, including years of targetted insulting harassment spam by particularly toxic users like van and LeeRoyJenkins, is using his admin power to give out warnings to people who say things he doesn't like.

When mousetopher (who has since permanently quit W2) banned LeeRoyJenkins, who had persistently pestered multiple RU users by rude private messaging over a long period of time, Tora repeatedly unbanned him, asserting that this behavior, spamming and insulting over and over and over again, is protected and acceptable behavior at RU.

I received a similar warning earlier this year for a perfectly legitimate post inviting RU players to 1s me and calling out past 1s dodging by Tora. There is no rule against inviting people to 1s or against calling out dodging. If there were, most W2 RU players would be rightly penalized for breaking it regularly.

Tora is glad to watch done to others what he doesn't want done to himself.

The amount and duration of provocation from Eq towards Tora is miniscule and microscopic compared to how much users like van and LeeRoyJenkins spammed and attacked people unprovoked, and while they were trying to enjoy W2 with other players.

In a community made up of numerous rude and badly behaved users, Tora targets for official punishments those who personally upset his feelings, while allowing rampant hate, racism, death threats, crude and vulgar talk, harassment, spam, and the like against other people.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20200415-191636_SamsungXInternet.jpg
Page 1 of 2Next