Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Holo Love (2020)

I know I just said True to Love (also known as Bo-Ra! Deborah) was the best thing I'd seen in a long time and watched the series two times back to back, enjoying it both times, but now I saw another Korean series and *it's* the best thing I've ever watched lol.

It's so good! I can't believe such a good series exists.

It's sci-fi romance genre, although with technology going the way it is, it's barely even sci-fi at this point, hah!

An ordinary office worker who is kind of stand-offish because she suffers from face blindness (can't recognize people) which she hides from others, becomes the unwitting recipient of a special pair of glasses as its owner is running from bad guys who are out to steal them. The special glasses enable the user to see and interact with a hologram AI named Holo. Holo is no ordinary AI, and is basically a perfect gentleman who is always attentive and totally knowledgeable about everything and  warm, pleasant, and good looking, and she naturally begins to develop an emotional attachment to the very human-looking-and-acting AI.

She doesn't realize she is now the target of the bad guys who want to steal the program. She also doesn't realize that the AI hologram's appearance is identical to its handsome creator's who is unfriendly and cranky unlike Holo, and there are some cases of mistaken identity as he connects with her as he tries to get the glasses back, but decides to use her for beta testing instead and monitors her interaction with Holo through the glasses.

There is also a captivating backstory to the hacker and how the AI originated but I don't want to give anything away since I know you all will hurry to watch this show as soon as possible. ;D

All I want to do right now is immediately start rewatching the series now that I just finished it. I actually just finished watching the last episode *during* the writing of this post (I paused typing to do so, ofc) and I love it.

Holo is one of my favorite characters ever contrived in any show across all time. And he's supposed to be an AI lol.

I don't believe that AI could ever be like Holo, though, but it makes for very interesting storytelling.

I also did notice that like 6 of the most recent movies I've reviewed have the word "Love" in the title lol.

I'm ok with that. Np.

The only thing I want to watch anymore is Korean shows.

Never saw this coming!

Maxx444 has reacted to this post.
Maxx444