Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Frosty's WC2 Map Thread

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Frosty, what kinds of techniques do you use to make the maps look so good on a large scale (other than being good at art)?  Do you just look at the minimap constantly when drawing?

Quote from treehann on January 1, 2023, 4:58 pm

Frosty, what kinds of techniques do you use to make the maps look so good on a large scale (other than being good at art)?  Do you just look at the minimap constantly when drawing?

The first phase is the researching part where I look for a good idea or theme to make a banger of a map then visualizing how it's supposed to look. The second phase is the map making itself - divided into the draft form and then the finalized version. The draft form is basically the rough version that I'll transform gradually into its final form.

Regarding the second question. Yes, I also look at the minimap at random points to check for missed details or any adjustments that can be applied.

@frostyinsanity Just saying hi and want to tell you how very much I appreciate the maps you made for Warcraft 2. They are such a beautiful addition to the game and bring freshness and excitement to the game layered on that amazing artwork. Thank you, Frosty.

More are always welcome, too!

FrostyInsanity and Maxx444 have reacted to this post.
FrostyInsanityMaxx444
Quote from BabyShark on April 1, 2024, 2:32 am

@frostyinsanity Just saying hi and want to tell you how very much I appreciate the maps you made for Warcraft 2. They are such a beautiful addition to the game and bring freshness and excitement to the game layered on that amazing artwork. Thank you, Frosty.

More are always welcome, too!

Thank you!

Also - today is the release of a new map! Amanita.

Themed after the poisonous mushroom that is the Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria)

The mains are 65k, expansions are 85k. The central gold mine has 125k.

Uploaded files:
PreviousPage 5 of 5