Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Matty

Matty, you're not forgotten. You were one of the people who made W2 awesome. You were a rare gem among humankind. You had a kind heart, a cheerful way, a welcoming spirit, a contagious laugh, and a ferocity that never quit. You are missed. I am so not ashamed to admit I can still cry when remembering you and the great times you brought to the W2 community. I wish you were still here.

We are playing a special event to remember Matty. All are welcome to join the 2nd Matty Memorial Tournament on Tuesday Nov. 28th, 2023 at 9:15 pm Eastern time. You didn't have to know him to join. You would have liked him, though, if you didn't.

It's approaching the end of March when you would have been celebrating your birthday if you were alive.

The way a song like this brings joy and beauty, so did you.

I wish yours was a song that didn't have to end so soon.

How do I find forgiveness for the ways I failed you when you're gone? I don't even deserve to get to remember you. I'm helpless now in the face of this. Maybe it's illogical to hate at myself for being unable to save you. I wish I could go back and do it better, do things differently, and warn you and prevent you from dying. Maybe they are stupid thoughts but I so wish you were still here. I even ask God for a miracle to bring you back to life, even knowing it would be to a different life than the one where we were friends and played the same game. Oh, the uselessness and dumbness of thoughts like these.

You were so young and so alive a short time ago and your days came to an end so suddenly and unexpectedly. The invisible force that takes people away cannot be fought with swords.

But death has been defeated in Christ Jesus who died in our place and took our sins upon Himself as He was crucified in our place, to bear and suffer for our wrongs so that we could be declared innocent and stand before God guiltless through faith in what Jesus did.

Eternal life has been won and all who believe will have life in His name.

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. - Isaiah 53:5-6

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. - 1 John 5:13

Ephesians 2

1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh--who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands--
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
Romans 8
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God is a God of love who loved us so much that God's own Son came to earth as a human to live the perfect life we couldn't and to die an innocent death in our place to pay for our sins, the ways we've offended and disobeyed God's rules and hurt others. We must acknowledge our sinfulness before a holy God and fall on our knees before our Maker and plead for forgiveness through Jesus Christ the Saviour of the world who willingly and lovingly suffered and died for us. Read about Him in the Bible and come to know Him. Jesus is the only hope for this fallen world.

Happy Birthday Matty. I wish I could tell you that.