Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Avengers: Endgame

It was not my movie pick, but I did go see Endgame last weekend.

Short review: it sucked lol.

Let's get more detailed.

First of all, there were too many characters to really get into any person's story. It seemed like more effort was put into making sure all 20 people can get a line said each scene rather than putting together a compelling character story.

Big flashy special effects can be fun, but they are not what draw me into a story. For me, it's the characters and their personal struggles and relationships that pull me in. If you're into action, you'll still be disappointed because action lovers will find it lacking in action and having too much "talking at tables".

Like I said before, for me to really like a movie, I have to like or at least care about what happens to at least one character. It was hard to connect with any character because there were so many stars sharing the screen.

There was a lot of bulk that could have been cut out and some of that could have been filled with a bit more of a relatable story.

There was basically one or two scenes that I enjoyed, and I'll put them at the end in spoiler tags, but even in the scene I'm thinking of that was the most memorable for me, I didn't understand why each character was willing to do what they were doing because I didn't understand their relationship because it hadn't been developed at all in this film. (I didn't see the previous film, but I did see a few of the precursors like Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America 1 and 2 but awhile back.)

Being able to time travel back in time to fix everything that went wrong is convenient, but why can't you just keep doing it...I mean if people had the power to, why should anyone ever have a funeral?

I thought the first Iron Man and the first Captain America were far better movies.

This one was on the dull side and was kind of a mess.

I do have to say, visually, it's bright and colorful and it is kinda neat to see all the stars together, but they should have trimmed the fat and inserted more protein if they wanted to have a movie worth ever rewatching a second time.

My two favorite scenes in spoiler tag

Spoiler
1. ScarJo and Jeremy Renner each trying to rescue each other on the suicide cliff
2. Fat alcoholic Thor meeting his dead mom via time travel.