Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

King the Land

(Kdrama)

After watching many of these Korean shows, my main thought is, "Wow, that was the best thing I've ever watched."

Especially this one. I loved it. It's rom-com so maybe possibly girls might like it more but it was fantastic. Well done and hilarious and incredibly romantic.

It has lightness and heaviness in all the right amounts in the right places and so powerfully depicts the emotions the characters are feeling, whether it's disgust, irritation, a crush, embarrassment, tension, joy, love...it's a full range of the human experience at the workplace, which in this case is a luxury hotel which the male lead was born into running, and the female lead got the job based more on her smile and charm than her background or experience.

Their interaction starts off sourly with her wrongly assuming he was the pervert who sent her a message and she launches her tirade of indignation at the wrong target, who happens to be the owner's son though she doesn't know it.

It's a bumpy road but an incredibly endearing and well-acted story, colorful, lively, and hilarous.

I give it 10/10 and plan to watch it again someday for sure.

Awesome show. You don't find shows this good in English.