Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Map types

Hello all!

I have this question I can’t find a answer to so I turn to our collective wisdom.

What are the difference between senario, Classic and Ladder maps? Are there any other types?

or you could just play gow and not worry about it

@moriouce

They are different map folders in which the maps have been categorized for ages...I can't say I know the origin or reasoning really.

I think ladder maps were used with the built-in ladder, which doesn't seem to work currently on any server I know of.

Classic were I believe the older versions of maps, and the BNE versions came later to "fix" some of those, like the POS R2 spot was messed up in the classic version, and fixed in the BNE version.

GOW BNE doesn't have the same "obstacles" as classic gow, yet classic broken gow is the one that people love to play endlessly over and over forever in spite of its obvious flaws. Other maps are held up to scrutiny and standards that GOW isn't.

HSC classic version allows hopping from island to island (by cancelling a shipyard), but the BNE version increased the water volume between islands to prevent that, requiring boating except between 1 and 3 where hopping does work.

The scenario folder contains some maps that are supposed to be unique scenarios.

I'm afraid I don't have much more than that.

Also "are there any other kinds"?

The old maps were made by people.

New maps are made by people.

I think people who've played the game for two decades will generally have a better idea about what makes a fun map than people who made maps for a paycheque without that same experience and passion for the game.

There are basically endless possibilities for maps and I believe some masterpieces yet to be created that I can't wait to discover.

Thanks @babyshark!

that explains alot.

@moriouce

I do plan to get the updated maps put up soon...just been busy. 🙂