Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Should Women Be Cops?

Sweden is a country that is at the forefront of the feminist movement. You must hire women for all positions, regardless of whether they are actually qualified to do the job safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqXLbchg6Y

In this video, you can see a man throw a brick at a police car. Three female police officers are unable to detain the man.

A male bystander offers assistance and tackles the offender to the ground for them, but after he moves back and the 3 women try to hold him themselves, he escapes, easily pushing one to the ground.

The encounter ends with the perpetrator throwing rocks at the police car and walking away.

There are some things to take away from this video.

1. Men are physically stronger than women. Women need good men to protect them from bad men, because as you can see, 3 women together are not able to handle 1 man physically.

2. I support the idea of equal pay for equal work. But if 3 women can not do the "equal" work one man could do, how can they fairly or reasonably be getting more than triple the pay that one man could be doing competently? I say "more than" because 3 women clearly is not enough to handle the job, so more women would be required to do that one job that one man could have been doing.

3. If I'm in trouble and there are bad men after me, I sure do not want them to send a woman. Sure, guns help, but they run out of bullets or can be dropped or otherwise fail you, and you may need to rely on your physical strength in a violent situation.

This has nothing to do with not loving women, but acknowledging the biological fact that men are better at a lot of things than women are based on their physical strength.

If the physical tests for positions requiring physical strength need to be watered down and standards lowered for women to meet them, how is this good for public safety where human lives are on the line, and not just women's emotions?

Are there positions on a police force suitable for women? Probably, yes.

Are positions on a police force requiring a woman to physically fight a violent man suitable? No, because they endanger not only her safety in a way similar to if you had a 14 year old boy on the police force, but also the safety of other people whom police officers are supposed to be serving and protecting.