Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Warcraft 2 Available Today on GOG

Warcraft 2 is available to purchase and download from GOG here:

https://www.gog.com/game/warcraft_2_battlenet_edition

I bought the game today and it has a few issues I noticed so far.

The gameplay worked fine and normally from what I could tell by playing one game.

However, there are a few issues needing fixing.

None of the commands like /users, /con, or /games work so there doesn't seem to be a way to know who is online or what games are being played at any given time.

The screen looks messed up. Joining and hosting games appear to be an issue for many of the people who tried it so far. It sends people into random empty or near-empty channels instead of into one main channel.

Hopefully they can get some of these issues fixed quickly. Having tons of players would be a great thing. I know there are enormous numbers of people who are interested in W2 from having read online forums and seeing large numbers of viewers (relative to any current known streamers) watching newbies play W2 on slow speeds against computer opponents, hah.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

How popular GOG will be and whether they get it fixed up and up-to-date remains to be seen.

My goal has been to have fun playing my favorite game in the world. The Russia server with its racism, harassment, bullying, toxicity, corruption, and criminal behavior was not a fun place anymore.

USA has been amazing so far and I've enjoyed gaming on it immensely.

It remains to be seen what GOG is going to do for Warcraft 2 in terms of making the game functional and playable as well as addressing inappropriate behavior and long-term targetted harassment.

I hope for the best.