Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Why I Didn't Facebook War2USA

Facebook got pretty popular, and when it seemed like a way to connect with family and friends and even long lost connections, I once used it semi-regularly...around 2009-2011 or so.

Since then, many of the people I know cancelled their accounts and realized how unsmart it is to broadcast your entire life to the entire world.

Even its founder insulted the intelligence of the people who submit their personal info to him. (See https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/technology/news/story/mark-zuckerberg-called-early-facebook-users-dumb-f-s-for-sharing-data-giving-up-privacy-1195396-2018-03-22)

Besides giving up your privacy, you open the door for stalkers to stalk you, for potential employers to reject you when screening, you hand over a weapon for those who would harm you, and invite penalties from a corrupt government for holding certain opinions or religions. Facebook has proven itself to be unreliable in terms of security and grossly power abusive with censoring innocuous content they don't like because it's of an incorrect political or ideological persuasion.

Any person or entity that will block truth and promote delusion is not one anyone should trust.

Another reason to avoid Facebook in connection to War2USA is because it's not really a good idea to reveal personal information publicly in a video game, especially one like Warcraft 2 that has connections to very angry, unstable and hostile people, like those who would call a player's real life employer to slander them.

War2USA plans to remain Facebook-free.