Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Frosty's WC2 Map Thread

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

Frosty. Frosty. Frosty.

Wherever they sent you from, I want to send them a basket of cheese and the world's best chocolate and a bottle of wine.

And a rainbow.

Quote from BabyShark on January 13, 2020, 2:06 am

Frosty. Frosty. Frosty.

Wherever they sent you from, I want to send them a basket of cheese and the world's best chocolate and a bottle of wine.

And a rainbow.

Thank you!

Actually, I came here on my own. Was looking for more map-making communities aside from StarCraft, and when I looked up for WarCraft II map-making communities, it brought me here.

A little special project is finished!

So basically, the whole idea of "Tarren Mill" is somewhat to combine two concepts, the layout of the source inspiration which is the campaign and turning it into a 3 VS 3 smackdown.

This map's layout is based on the second level of the Human Campaign in WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness.

Each of the three players start out with different sets of units as if to indicate they have a role to fulfill here. One is going to attack by sea, the other two are by land.

Resources: Each of the players get 70k main gold mines, with the outside mines having 50k. The oil patches are a few with 35k each (just to compensate for lack of patches); they are in a position similar to where the enemy Troll Destroyers are found from the source material.

Mini-map View:

Full View:

Uploaded files:

Your maps are lovely! Thanks for your great work in Warcraft 2 map creation!

@frostyinsanity

Pardon the long hiatus, suffered from a burnout. Heart to Heart is still being done and Fireworks needs revisions before upload.

Made this map for a WC2 league project. This is the "Battle of Darrowmere" which fuses both Caer Darrow levels in the Orc and Human campaigns; more on the former.

Small View:

Large View:

Uploaded files:

Hey Frosty! Can't wait to see more maps from you!

Medusa has become a new favorite! Ring62 and iz7z are in love with it, among others!

Thanks for making maps for War2USA!

We appreciate your beautiful artwork.

Thank you! Glad to know that Medusa is becoming a crowd favorite!

I had to take a little hiatus from mapmaking... but anyways, I'm going to share another map I forgot to share here.

Here's Dalaran Snowfall which is roughly inspired by the layout of the "Eye of Dalaran" level in WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal. This takes ideas from Garden of War and Medusa. This is for a League-related thing where I contributed like three maps. One of them is the Darrowmere map I've posted a bit above.

Mini Map View:

Full Map View:

Uploaded files:

Here's a late upload of "Hillsbrad Woodlands" for the League. It derives elements from "Garden of War", "Medusa" and "A Continent to Explore" which resulted in a complex labyrinthine forest.

Mini-Map View:

Full Map View:

Uploaded files:

Here's a long overdue map that was supposed to be released last Valentine's Day. Here's "Heart to Heart", a map that forms "geometrical heart" patterns through inter-twining Celtic Knots.

Mini-Map View:

Full Map View:

Uploaded files:

I'm back and are you afraid of spiders? Yes... Yes, I do!

Because here comes my newest addition to my growing roster of WarCraft II maps, Tarantula! The map is supposed to be Medusa's Wasteland and arachnid counterpart.

Each player gets access to mines that have 70k (mains) and 60k (sole expansion, note that Player #1 & #2 have their expansions on the spider's abdomen).

The coveted central mines found on the middle of the spider's body and eye area are worth 85k each. Gotta compensate for lesser number of gold mines here.

Uploaded files:
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next