Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maps by Moriouce

PreviousPage 4 of 11Next

These five maps where my entries for the Map Competition. Some have had some updates.

A Continent Between has have a minor update with some more gold for the Island start pos to even the odds a bit. And the competition version of Thread of Destiny is for 8 players without guardians at the expos. And Colonies have had a reduction in starter isle size to allow a larger central landmass.

Uploaded files:

And finaly! My latest map, 8th Lake! This map is very much born out of the inspirational talks I and @Nedro have had these past weeks.

8th Lake The battle rages around a mysterious lake which shores are littered with the ruins of long lost empires.

Uploaded files:

card castles are ahead of many cards

because highest castles immediately include
construction advanced buildings

still would give immediately 3 workers and 2 farms

if author is contestant vote for castles

Russia looks world from future. big data is peace data

@moriouce

Sorry for the inconvenience of losing some posts. Tupac thinks some plugin update caused a glitch.

Thanks for reposting your maps. I plan to add them all to the map page eventually.

I don't know any mapmaker in the history of W2 who made as many new maps as quickly as you have. Nice work.

We are loving all the new maps. There are some fabulous concepts in there and I'm confident a number of them will become household names among W2 players. 😉

If Nedro likes your maps you are doing something right.

Quote from BabyShark on September 13, 2019, 10:14 am

@moriouce

Sorry for the inconvenience of losing some posts. Tupac thinks some plugin update caused a glitch.

Thanks for reposting your maps. I plan to add them all to the map page eventually.

I don't know any mapmaker in the history of W2 who made as many new maps as quickly as you have. Nice work.

We are loving all the new maps. There are some fabulous concepts in there and I'm confident a number of them will become household names among W2 players. ?

If Nedro likes your maps you are doing something right.

Finaly able to log in again. During the time the site been down I have produced some new maps and updated one old, never uploaded map. It is a true joy to see ones map getting so much playtime! Thanks war2usa!

This is one of my older maps I've created. I think it was created around the same time as Crossroads.

Frozen Blood These icey woods will soon hear the cry for battle.

Uploaded files:
Nedro has reacted to this post.
Nedro

It has been a productive time as the site was down so I have some few new to share.

These first three follow a similar concept where small rivers that are hoppable divide the map. On two of them they split even the starter positions. On the last the river holds great riches on the far side.

River Forks 3 player map where the small rivers keep them apart. But with the arrival of dragons the peace is no more.

Across the Brooks Same concept as for River Forks but with 6 players.

Far side of the River 8 players fight for control of the riches on the far side of a small river.

Uploaded files:
Nedro

Three last for this time but then I guess 7 new maps is fine for now.

Warmongers 8 warring lords battle at this river crossing. The quarters invites for some realy intense games since the map is 96x96.

Time for Strife Is an old concept made fresh. With different ways to divide the players from start each position comes with pros and cons. And your closest neighbor might not be your first concern. The map can look maze-like at first glanze but it is more open and strait forward than it looks. Many hidden expos to explore aswell.

Rift Valley A larger version of Down at the River but for 6 players. Only one way leads through the valley from one side to the other.

Uploaded files:
Nedro

Great work as always:) You have a lot of smaller artistic concepts within your maps which I enjoy. Also cool how you are making decisions even about which player colors to use on 2 to 6-player maps.

Frozen Blood is a relative of A Continent to Explore. FB won't requiring as much rushing in 2v2 than CTE. An excellent 1v1 or 2v2 map. 3v3+ expect rush-heavy bouts like many open land winter slashers.

River Forks - Excellent 1s, FFA, and low resources too. Map control will win the game. Dualing is a viable choice. Top left should be expo priority for black and white as it cannot be DK'd. I dig the ice swirl in the center of the map. There is a built-in 3-player River Fork, make sure not to confuse the two when you host this.

Across The Brook - I like the dark shading, tree shapes, and tree sparseness. Expect mainlands to look fairly empty and wide open which is a buff to orcs. Though overall orcs are hurt on this map and River Forks due to the thin rivers. This map will play well any format. One of the better big game map options on low resources.

Far Side Of The River - Love the artwork you've done here between the winding tree lines, dirty shallow lakes, and asymmetricalness. A well-balanced amalgam of several maps. Interesting choke points staggered around the map. Players have options here which creates for dynamic matches.

Warmongers - A difficult map to design logistically due to the cramped space. Expect a lot of OT, cats, and grunts in bigger games. This map will play unusually on fixed order as you are not neighbors with your ally. I would enjoy this most as a 1s, 2s, or FFA map.

Time For Strife - Like Warmongers, a difficult concept to design. Visually one of the better maps I've seen. Your dark shading enhances the elegant tree lines; a recurring theme of yours. The terrain diversity allows for a lot of memorable nooks. The rock river forks are original. I love the varied mine amounts which add complexity. Top right quadrant is worth quite a bit as it is easiest to defend and hardest to DK. Purple must watch out for OTs. A couple players have an option to close. I like this for 2v2, 3v3, and FFA the most. Play games on varied tilesets to enjoy the beauty.

Moriouce has reacted to this post.
Moriouce

Across The Brook - fliers will really help you keep an eye on on shipyards being built. Finally, incentive to buy a few more fliers on maps. :p

Of all these I want to play Far Side Of The River the most.

PreviousPage 4 of 11Next